It’s like oxygen. The importance of effective marketing can’t be over stated. It breathes life into banking by highlighting what your institution has to offer –and inviting consumers and businesses to partake. But advertising is heavily regulated and tech-based marketing’s broad applications provide plenty of room for landmines. This webinar will detail the dos, don’ts, and best practices for tech-based marketing so you can reduce risk and compliantly reach both new and prospective accountholders.
- Identify which compliance requirements apply to tech-based marketing
- Verify compliance with the CAN-SPAM Act requirements for email ads
- Explain when and how the “one-click” rule can be used for electronic ads
- Understand TCPA consent requirements for marketing calls and texts
- Manage risks when promoting an online sweepstakes or drawing
Significant time and resources are spent marketing to consumers online, including smartphones and emails. This webinar will address the regulatory requirements and best practices to reduce the risks of tech-based marketing, while successfully promoting the institution’s products and services. Marketing campaigns using text messages and auto-dialers will be analyzed. Compliance requirements for electronic advertisements, websites, social media, and email marketing will be examined. Specific focus will be on using the “one click” rule to provide disclosures, the CAN-SPAM Act requirements, and managing risks related to unfair, deceptive, or abusive acts or practices (UDAAP). Join us to learn common issues and how to compliantly use technology to reach new and existing accountholders.