Unique and detail intensive, HELOCs have a host of special rules and limitations. Understanding the details is essential to protecting your institution. This webinar will teach you how to dodge difficulties, transcend trouble, and avoid common compliance landmines associated with HELOCs.
- Understand the specific disclosures that must be present in your institution’s HELOC documents
- Analyze the restrictions imposed on advertising and the required special wording
- Distinguish when a change-in-terms notice must be sent to the borrower
- Explain the special notice that must be given when a HELOC is reduced, suspended, or terminated
- Determine whether a HELOC can be terminated when the borrower moves out of the home or when the home’s value declines significantly
A home equity line of credit (HELOC) is a unique type of loan that is highly regulated. Every aspect of a HELOC has special rules. There are special disclosures included in the loan documents, special wording for advertisements, special limitations on when the lender may decrease or suspend a HELOC, and special timing requirements for disclosures that must be sent before maturity. In addition, the lender is prohibited from changing any term of a HELOC, except in very limited circumstances. This webinar will explain the top 10 HELOC compliance mistakes and how to protect against them.
Elizabeth Fast, JD, CPA, Spencer Fane LLP
Elizabeth Fast is a partner with Spencer Fane LLP where she specializes in the representation of financial institutions. Elizabeth is the head of the firm’s training division. She received her law degree from the University of Kansas and her undergraduate degree from Pittsburg State University. In addition, she has a Master of Business Administration degree and she is a Certified Public Accountant. Before joining Spencer Fane, she was General Counsel, Senior Vice President, and Corporate Secretary of a $9 billion bank with more than 130 branches, where she managed all legal, regulatory, and compliance functions.
Live and recorded webinar, handouts, quiz with answer key and training log are included.
Your registration includes unlimited locations (until further notice), making it easier to share and learn with remote staff during the coronavirus crisis. Training materials will be available to download the day of the event.