Learn about account ownership and documentation from A-Z with this
webinar that will go from single-party accounts to more complex types of
business accounts. Signature card, documentation, and authority procedures
can create major liability when mistakes are made. This webinar is a must
for anyone who opens or manages new accounts.
- Open and document personal, fiduciary, and business accounts
- Understand how improper account setup can create liability for your financial
- Create consistency with how accounts are opened
- Identify signature card danger zones
- Understand how CIF systems can create errors in ownership and signature card
- Add owners, make changes, etc. after the account is opened
- Follow the authority trail established in the paperwork
- Know what an attorney-in-fact can and cannot do on individual accounts
- Change business account signers and owners
Learn how to set up 20 legal ownership types on your signature cards, systems, and resolutions. Personal accounts, minor accounts, fiduciary accounts, and business accounts will be covered. This comprehensive program will help you implement new account procedures for your institution. What documents should you have for each? What CIP will you run? What are the proper disclosures? These questions and more will be answered during this program designed for new account professionals and deposit support staff.
Deborah Crawford, Gettechnical Inc.
Deborah Crawford is the President of Gettechnical Inc., a Virginia/Florida based firm,
specializing in the education of financial institutions across the nation. Her 30+ years of
experience began at Hibernia National Bank in New Orleans. She graduated from
Louisiana State University with both her bachelor’s and master’s degrees.
Debbie specializes in the education of financial institution employees and officers in the
areas of deposit account laws, new account documentation, insurance, complex
compliance regulations, and IRAs.