Gain a greater understanding of commercial loan applications, including real estate-secured loans, during this jam-packed program. Real-life examples will be used to demonstrate how regulations apply and how to comply.
- Understand and avoid commercial loan violation “hot spots,” including fair housing, Regulation B, Flood Disaster Protection Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, accommodation loans, HMDA, and insider lending
- Use the toolkit resources to comply with requirements when real estate is taken as collateral, including the Reg B appraisal copy rules on first-lien 1-4 family dwellings
- Correctly identify “detached structure” coverage for flood insurance
- Explain the documentation requirements for beneficial ownership rules to legal entity loan applicants and complete the required certification process
- Distinguish between business- and consumer-purpose loan requests
- Understand the HMDA requirements for business-purpose loans
Which regulations apply to commercial loans? What if a loan is secured by real estate? Are there exceptions when real estate is taken as “an abundance of caution”? Can examiners assess civil money penalties for violations? Do your commercial lenders and support staff understand the data collection required for HMDA-reportable applications? Is a written application required for a business-purpose loan? Join us to learn the answers to these questions and more.