Whether you are writing new account procedures for the first time, or
strengthening your existing procedures manual, this session will give you
tools that you can use right away, including a new account training manual
template that you can edit to fit your institution’s needs.
- Use the template to develop procedures for your institution
- Understand how accounts get opened and the regulatory requirements for each type
- Review federal laws that have to be covered when opening accounts
- Identify the different ownership types for which sample signature cards should be
- Use a documentation checklist for every type of account
- Set up a manual if you are in more than one state
- Know what questions should be asked and researched for state law purposes
This webinar will take the core document from the deposit accounts handbook and set up
a working document so you can tailor your procedures into the framework provided. The
working handbook in a Word document will save you time in the process. Find out how
to blend state and federal law into an efficient new account process.
Deborah Crawford, Gettechnical Inc.
Deborah Crawford is the President of Gettechnical Inc., a Virginia/Florida based firm, specializing in the education of financial institutions across the nation. Her 30+ years of experience began at Hibernia National Bank in New Orleans. She graduated from Louisiana State University with both her bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Debbie specializes in the education of financial institution employees and officers in the areas of deposit account laws, new account documentation, insurance, complex compliance regulations, and IRAs.