The YP Network offers a variety of training opportunities. Sometimes, it's through attending events at a discounted rate, such as The League's Annual Convention or Government Affairs Conference. Other times, YP Network holds member-only events. These typically take the form of YP boot camps.
What's a YP Boot Camp?
- A full day of learning. The day usually focuses on a particular theme - e.g., communication, leadership, advocacy, CU finance, etc. Boot camps also build on YPs' awareness about the credit union system and its ability to drive member financial empowerment and community development.
- A chance to hear great speakers. Gain knowledge and skills from some of the top career coaches, credit union industry leaders and top executives who can guide YPs' path to success.
- A window into best practices. Discover the latest trends, research, and innovations through presenters, system partners, and peers.
- Opportunity to engage. YPs have taken part in poverty simulations, community service projects, advocacy opportunities, and more. These experiences help YPs connect and grow professionally.
- Preparation for advancement. Boot camps help YPs prepare for leadership roles at their credit union, chapter, as part of the broader credit union movement, and in their community.
When & Where Are They Held?
The League hosts three to four YP Boot Camps each year at different venues to accommodate participants from different parts of Wisconsin. We're always looking for host locations, as well as sponsors and presenters. We rely on the support of credit union managers to send their best and brightest young talent to the boot camps!
How Can I Participate?
There’s no cost to attend, but you must be a member of the YP Network, which is also free! Once you're a member of the YP Network, you'll be notified about future boot camps. Pre-registration is required for each boot camp and they fill up quickly.
Contact Josh Roberts, League VP of System Collaboration & Development, to become a host credit union, sponsor a boot camp, or for any other related questions.