Included in your registration are all education sessions, resources and a number of networking and social activities that will be provided via the app. Once you register, you'll receive information on how to access the app and get started.
Credit Union Operations
November's theme is Credit Union Operations. Discover just what it takes to make a credit union run and run well. How are we able to support our members and community through daily operations? Learn how each department works together fulfill the credit union's mission.
Keynote: How Credit Unions Make Money & Why | Nov 4 – 9:00 - 10:30 am
There’s a saying, "No Profit, no Purpose." If we have no profit, we cannot live the purpose for which we were created. Why do credit unions need to be profitable? Aren’t we not-for-profit? Aren’t we a cooperative? Aren’t we just here to serve our members?
The answer is yes to all three. Our difference is that while we do not pay taxes on our profit, we also turn that profit back into better rates and higher service for our members.
- Get a deeper understanding of what not-for-profit means
- Understand the role of revenue sources such as loans and sales along with non-interest income sources such as fees
- Get strategies for controlling spending and how to evaluate if spending will help or hurt the credit union
- Learn what you can do to help your credit union make money
Keynote: Analyze It: Understanding the Broader Issues of Credit Union Finance | Nov 10 – 9:00 - 10:30 am
Take a deeper dive and learn how to quickly analyze your credit union. Are we are making enough money to keep us alive for the long-term? We will learn the value of capital, where it comes from, what it is for, and how much we need.
Learn how to use spread analysis to understand the Five Puzzle Pieces of Profitability; a tool that can help us determine what has caused our profit to change. We will also take a brief look at asset/liability management (ALM) and a tool that helps us forecast what will happen to our profit and capital in the future under changing economic scenarios.
- Learn how to analyze your credit union for long-term success
- Understand the value of capital
- Discover how to use various tools to visualize profitability under changing economic scenarios
Webinar: Stop the Rollercoaster! How To Support Both Digital and Branch Experiences For Your Organization | Nov 6 – 10:00 - 11:00 am
This session discusses the underlying role of data as a strategic support system for both your digital and in-branch efforts. The team will specifically discuss the importance of taking a deeper dive into member & market demographic and socioeconomic data, showcasing practical examples that have helped credit unions find growth opportunities. The team will also provide examples of how to put that data to work to create or fine-tune compelling, and intentional, branded experiences.
Webinar: The Life Cycle of a SAR (Security Activity Report) | Nov 12 – 10:00 - 11:00 am
Take a deep dive into what happens to SARs after they’re filed by financial institutions and get your questions answered with a Q&A session.
- Learn what makes a good SAR
- Find out how the SAR Review Team in the federal district operates and reviews SARs
- Discover general trends of SAR activity
POSTPONED: Webinar: Bank Secrecy Act Unveiled: From Your Friendly Neighborhood BSA Officer | Nov 17 – 10:00 - 11:00 am
Janelle Black CUCE, CCUFC, Compliance Officer & Marketing Specialist | Governmental Employees Credit Union
Webinar: Corporates... Another Layer to the CU Onion | Nov 20 – 10:00 - 11:00 am
Have you ever wondered what Corporate Central Credit Union does? Get first-hand, inside scoop on all the details as Stephanie and Mark share their credit union journeys and the role Corporate Central plays in the credit union movement.
- Learn how corporate credit unions fit into the credit union ecosystem
- Get a first-hand account of what a corporate credit union does