The Wisconsin Credit Union Foundation is helping credit unions continue serving members and Wisconsin communities. Your donations have done tremendous good in 2017, and if you are a donor by the end of this year, you and/or your organization can be recognized for supporting this valuable outreach.
In 2017, the Wisconsin Credit Union Foundation:
- Helped 52 individuals from 24 credit unions become credit union certified financial counselors (CCUFCs), bringing our two-year total to more than 120. The Foundation engaged with system partners not just to offer certification training for credit union professionals to earn the CCUFC credential, but also to guide them in establishing a sustainable, measurable in-house counseling program with a broader impact on members and the bottom line.
- Provided training to supercharge credit unions' outreach to financially underserved individuals and communities, and to provide the financial and other resources they need to pursue emerging opportunities.
- Awarded REAL Solutions Initiative® Grants to two recipients: the Madison Area Chapter of Credit Unions to develop financial education for formerly incarcerated individuals and to STAR, a youth-chartered credit union, in support of a youth entrepreneurship program.
- Awarded Development Grants to enhance member service delivery. Six grants were awarded this year to upgrade phones and computers, implement mobile banking, convert from batch to online ATM processing, become a shared branching acquirer, and more.
- Presented scholarships. 2017 Foundation Scholarships went to Kristel Renn for Development Education training and to Jennifer Kutz of Members First Credit Union for CUNA Management School. Four recipients were also chosen for the Foundation's Professional Development Scholarships.
- Provided disaster relief to credit unions affected by storms Harvey, Irma and Maria as well as wildfires in California. So far gifts from the Foundation and Wisconsin credit unions have surpassed $40,000 to help affected areas.
Please ensure that opportunities like this continue by:
- Purchasing a Ca$h Calendar, a holiday raffle that awarded $2,500 in cash prizes during December.
- Making a gift as part of your credit union’s League & CUNA dues payment.
- Making Amazon purchases at smile.Amazon.com
- Using the Community Investment Fund to earn income year-round for your credit union while supporting community development programs at the state and national levels.
- Making a gift personally, perhaps as a memorial or tribute to honor someone you hold dear.
All 2017 donors will be be recognized as part of the Foundation’s Annual Donor Fund Society.
Thank you for using the Foundation to improve the quality of life in Wisconsin!
With support from its Annual Fund Donor Society, The Wisconsin Credit Union Foundation supports the professional development, growth and wellness of credit unions to advance their people-focused mission.