The League's third annual Young Professionals (YP) Conference - held Oct. 26-27 at the Madison Concourse Hotel - energized credit unions' next generation of leaders.
A total of 60 YPs from 18 credit unions - a diverse representation of Wisconsin - participated in the two-day networking and learning event. Right, in blue, Josh Roberts, League VP of System Collaboration & Development, took a break with YPs at the Concourse.
YPs learned from presenters
- Acclaimed speaker and trainer Dennis McIntee (below) shared ideas for organization and productivity.
- Personal branding expert Melanie Spring helped attendees discover their unique talents and purpose to clarify a professional path.
- CUNA Mutual Group's Sam Das showcased Fintech disruptors and how CUNA Mutual's CMFG Ventures links credit unions with financial service innovations.
- Ethan Giebel of Westby Co-op Credit Union explained cooperative principles, other kinds of co-op businesses, and how the co-op structure benefits members.
- Jeremiah DeGollon of Summit Credit Union offered insights on developing an advocacy plan, getting internal buy-in, using resources and engaging staff and members.
- Christine Moczynski and Colleen Jakubowski of Prime Financial Credit Union shared strategies for Hispanic outreach.
A networking reception gave YPs the opportunity to mingle at Credit Union House.
YPs flexed their muscles for community service
Andy Johnson from the National Credit Union Foundation helped guide YPs' involvement in giving back to the community on Saturday.
YPs visited St. Vincent Food Pantry (below), where they helped families in need shop for necessities like meat, eggs, milk and diapers. They also helped stock shelves and organize food items in the pantry.
Another YP group made tie blankets for Children's Hospital.
If you'd like to receive invitations for future networking and opportunities as part of our YP Network, join free online!
The YP Conference is an annual opportunity that prepares YPs to deploy their leadership potential, teaches them about the Movement and connects them with a strong network of peers and resources to guide their career path. Additional YP Boot Camps, which bring learning opportunities to various regions around the state, are offered free to members of The League's YP Network.