The Wisconsin Credit Union Foundation supports efforts to reach underserved communities in Wisconsin that struggle to be served by traditional financial services. In 2019, the Emerging Markets grant was introduced to enable credit unions to implement programs and services to these markets.
Applications are accepted September 15 - October 31 annually. Winners are notified by November 15. Applications must be postmarked by the last day of each grant cycle to be considered for funding during that cycle. Applications received after the last day of each cycle will be held for consideration in the next grant cycle.
Eligibility and Project Scopes
The Wisconsin Credit Union Foundation Emerging Markets Grants are available to
help credit unions with a variety of programs to support the underserved including but not limited to:
- Non-native English speakers
- LGBTQ population
- The elderly
- Single parents
- Amish population
Examples of potential programs include:
- Partnering with Inclusiv or Coopera
- Adding bilingual products/services
- Defraying costs of partnerships with local non-profit organizations
- Cost of technology development to reach those markets
- Developing education opportunities for these groups
Josh Roberts at (608) 640-4065.