Follows detailed and standardized procedures in performing routine accounting clerical operations. Performs a variety of support duties related to the accounting function within the credit union.
- Process accounts payable functions, including but not limited to scheduling and paying of bills, vender relationships and maintenance.
- Complete yearly submission of State of Wisconsin Sales and Use taxes withheld within established deadlines.
- Perform annual processing of 1099 Misc. and related filings within established deadlines.
- Process incoming and outgoing wires.
- Perform varied account maintenance such as general ledger work, cash accounts, and reconciliations.
- Prepare and verify various standard accounting entries for financial data processing system; reconciles, reports discrepancies and problems.
- Compile and post information from branches, departments, and other sources; prepares account entries.
- Maintain automated accounting systems and use computer resources to generate periodic reports and statements.
- Create and maintain updated procedures for your regular job duties.
- Submit status reports to supervisor.
- Meet or exceed mutually agreed upon goals for self, the Accounting Department, and the credit union.
- Must maintain ability to be bonded.
- Knowledge equivalent to the completion of post-secondary coursework in accounting fundamentals, with Associate Degree in Accounting preferred, and one to two years related experience and/or training
- Ability to communicate effectively either verbally or written with employees, managers and members
- Ability to accurately and consistently follow established accounting-related routines and procedures
- Ability to compute basic accounting formulas
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Proficient computer skills including: Outlook, Word, Excel and other computer programs
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Indoor office environment
- Medium keyboarding
- Speaking, hearing
About the Organization
The heart of the Credit Union Movement is “people helping people.” Glacier Hills lives by this principle and has been serving our members since 1934. You are joining an organization that genuinely cares. We want you to be curious, learn, and grow in your position. We believe in working as a team and being creative to best serve our members. Every day you will have the privilege to make a difference in their financial lives. Your community credit union. Here to guide, educate and empower members to pursue their dreams and own their financial journey.
How to Apply
Please send resume to Glacier Hills Credit Union