We have an outstanding opportunity for a detail oriented professional to join our fantastic team. We are looking to add an Internal Auditor to assist management in ensuring that the Credit Union’s operations are conducted according to the highest standards by performing internal audits and implementing risk mitigation strategies and regulatory compliance solutions. This is done through a systematic and disciplined approach of examining and evaluating operational effectiveness, regulatory compliance, and internal controls. Our Auditor will prepare reports in accordance with guidelines set forth by management and outside independent audit firms and make recommendations for improving and strengthening internal controls, operating effectiveness and regulatory compliance. Our Internal Auditor will foster our “United For You” service promise which requires taking personal responsibility for providing outstanding member service that builds loyalty and supports a service selling environment. This leader will work collaboratively to foster a culture that encourages diversity and independent thinking to meet or exceed UnitedOne’s mission, strategic objectives, and promote the overall success of the credit union.
- Support the development and implementation of a comprehensive and risk-based internal audit program.
- Successfully complete audits in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards and established audit plan/scope that focuses on risk, regulatory compliance, and internal controls.
- Assess regulatory compliance, reliability and scalability of processes, policies and procedures in a thorough, detailed manner.
- Review processes/practices, internal controls, and records for compliance with established policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Review practices for appropriate rotation of duties for business continuity purposes and to reduce risk.
- Execute and document audit work and operating effectiveness testing.
- Conduct investigations of irregularities discovered by, or brought to, your attention.
- Keep management apprised of all critical issues.
- Complete comprehensive audit reports, findings, and recommendations promptly based on audit work performed.
- Effectively present findings and recommendations using strong oral and written communication.
- Develop recommendations for improving internal controls, operating efficiency, and the adequacy of records and recordkeeping.
- Assert opinion on area audited as to employee performance, reliability of recordkeeping, and effectiveness of internal controls.
- Reports and discuss results with department managers.
- Presents findings and recommendations to management based on the results of regularly scheduled reviews, non-scheduled reviews, and at any time when issues need to be addressed by management.
How to Apply
To apply please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Laura Fielding, Chief Human Resources Officer
UnitedOne Credit Union
1117 S. 10th Street
Manitowoc, WI 54220
Or email: UnitedOne Credit Union