To perform all member service related functions in a timely and accurate basis, while providing exceptional service to all members. To effectively cross-sell credit union products and services and understand the importance of providing mutually beneficial financial and lending solutions to all our members. The hiring range for this position is $38,000 - $45,000 annually plus benefits with the opportunity for quarterly and annual incentives. Pay is commensurate with experience. In addition, Premium Pay for hours worked on Saturday.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Professional, well-developed interpersonal skills necessary for serving credit union members and projecting a positive image as a representative of the credit union.
- Build and maintain favorable member relations/relationships by representing the credit union in a courteous and professional manner and providing prompt, efficient, and accurate service.
- Solicit and interview applicants for loans, gather background information as required and analyze loan applicants’ credit history.
- Assist members with the loan application process to ensure completeness of information.
- Prepare mortgage loan applications and document packet for closing.
- Process phone and mail inquiries and applications.
- Cross-sell credit union products and services to members by identifying a financial need and communicating the features and benefits of each product and service.
- Open new accounts including savings, checking, certificates, IRA accounts and business accounts.
- Assist members with changes that they may need to make to their accounts such as but not limited to researching accounts for deposits, withdrawal, discrepancies and assisting members in balancing their accounts.
- Possess knowledge of auto funds transfer, payroll deduction, ACH origination and distribution.
- Explain products and services and train members, via telephone, to utilize electronic services.
- Up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge on all credit union products and services that are handled or promoted by Member Advisors.
- Respond to members’ requests, problems, and complaints, and/or direct them to the appropriate person for specific information and assistance.
- Mail receipts and checks to members as indicated by policy and procedure.
- Perform all duties in accordance with the credit union’s service standards, operations policies, and procedures, and in compliance with applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
- Identify reportable transactions and activities under the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), its implementing regulations, and Unison’s Anti-Money Laundering program. Comply with requirements under Unison’s Member (Customer) Identification Program (CIP), FinCEN 314a procedures, and OFAC regulations and sanction programs.
- Various other duties as assigned. An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Candidate must be able to pass a federal criminal background check and be listed on the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System registry as required by the S.A.F.E. Act.
- Knowledge and experience in both mortgage and consumer lending, including but not limited to origination, processing and compliance is preferred.
- Professional, well developed interpersonal skills necessary for working with Credit Union members and projecting a positive image as a representative of the Credit Union.
- Effective oral communication skills to converse with members in person and correspond in writing.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, self-starter, resilient, and persuasive.
- Able to build trust and influence others.
- Committed, hard-working, self-motivated, enthusiastic, and trustworthy.
- Willing and able to learn/apply new skills and knowledge.
- Committed to excellence in all job-related activities.
- Committed to providing exceptional service to all internal and external members.
- Professional appearance.
- Positive and professional demeanor.
- Committed to supporting mission and core values that include: Integrity, Honesty and Confidentiality.
- Able to build rapport, engage with members explaining products features and benefits, to earn the right to sell credit union products and services to members and build long-term credit union relationships.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Attention to detail and good organizational skills are a must.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, continuously changing role is required.
- Good computer skills including experience with the Internet, MS Outlook, Word and Excel
- Flexible availability which will include rotating Saturdays.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- 2 years customer service experience required
- Sales-oriented experience and experience in banking, finance, business, or related field Is preferred
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance and Short & Long-Term Disability
- Voluntary Life and Dependent Life Insurance
- Retirement Plan – Generous Profit Sharing along with 401(k) and Roth options.
- PTO/Vacation/Holiday Pay
- Employee Assistance Program
Physical and Mental Demand
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit at a desk for 8 hour shifts, talk and/or hear, and/or use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, and/or walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds while moving files. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is expected to analyze, negotiate and work in stressful work situations. The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
Work is performed in an indoor office environment. The noise level in the work environment is moderate. The work characteristics described here are representative of those individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Full time approximately 40 hours/week Schedule: Variety of Unison Credit Union’s hours. M, T, W & F 9:00 – 5:00; Thurs 9:00 – 6:00 Sat 8:00 – 12:00
How to Apply
If you are qualified for this position and would like to apply, then complete an online application. If you would like to submit a resume, send one to:
Unison Credit Union
P.O. Box 260
Kaukauna, WI 54130