What you should know about the role The most essential function of this position is to proactively connect with our members through outbound calling efforts to create an impactful member experience. Putting the members needs first by recommending products and services will be this position main priority. The ideal candidate will have a strong internal drive to succeed, be able to work in a call center setting, and have an advisor mentality to member service. This is accomplished by providing outstanding service to both internal and external members as defined by living and demonstrating the core values of the credit union; Act with Integrity, Drive Progress, Build & Strengthen Relationships and Keep People at the Core.
As a Member Outbound Specialist, you will have opportunities to:
- Shape and sustain our company's image through excellent member service.
- Act as a pace setter for the sales markers.
- Be an important part of a fun, friendly and fast-paced team.
- Place outbound calls to sales leads and advise potential members to close on recommended product or service.
- This includes following up on Synopsis and indirect channel leads.
- Interviews existing and potential members by telephone, and explains specific services, products and policies.
- Identifies members’ needs and cross-sells Credit Union services and products actively in an appropriate, professional manner, meeting Credit Union standards.
- Performs lending functions and offers lending solutions of all varieties including HELOC and Business Lending.
- Solves problems and answers member questions over the phone by listening, collecting data, securing answers, and following up to resolve the matter to the satisfaction of the inquiring party.
- Discusses sensitive personal financial circumstances with members as needed.
- Completes all documents for various products and services.
- Processes all transactions pertaining to the maintenance, changes, and adjustments of products and services.
- Counsels members regarding money management and financial matters.
- Counsels members whose loan requests were denied, explaining reasons and alternatives.
- Back up the Member Contact Specialist by receiving inbound calls including transferred sales leads and calls from current and potential members.
- Opens new accounts, prepares all paperwork accurately and assists the member with the signing of documents necessary to process.
- Verifies information and ensures all new accounts are processed properly.
- Must comply with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
Qualifications | Experience
- Three years to five years of similar or related experience, including preparatory experience.
- A high school degree or equivalent Interpersonal
- Skills Courtesy and tact are essential elements of the job.
- Work involves personal contact with customers and others inside and outside the organization, generally regarding fairly routine matters for the purposes of giving and obtaining information or instructions, updating or referring.
- Communications require shorter and not in-depth discussions most of the time.
- Perform primarily sedentary work with limited physical exertion and occasional lifting of up to 5 lbs.
- Must be capable of climbing/descending stairs in emergency situation.
- Must be able to operate routine office equipment including telephone, copier, facsimile, and calculator.
- Must be able to routinely perform work on computer for an average of 6-8 hours per day.
- Must be able to work extended hours whenever required or requested by management.
- Must by capable of regular, reliable and timely attendance.
- Must be able to routinely perform work indoors in climate-controlled shared work area with minimal noise.
Mental and/or Emotional Requirements
- Must be able to perform job functions with supervision and work effectively either on own or as part of a team.
- Must be able to read and carry out various instructions and follow oral instructions.
- Must be able to speak clearly and deliver information in a logical and understandable sequence.
- Must be able to perform basic mathematical calculations with extreme accuracy.
- Must be capable of dealing calmly and professionally with numerous different personalities from diverse cultures at various levels within and outside of the organization and demonstrate highest levels of customer service and discretion when dealing with the public.
- Must be able to perform responsibilities with composure under the stress of deadlines/requirements for extreme accuracy and quality and/or fast pace.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple, simultaneous, and changing priorities.
- Must be capable of exercising highest level of discretion on confidential matters.
- Nothing in this position description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This job description is not a contract and should not be construed as a guarantee of employment for any specific period of time.
- Advia Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants based on race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, disability, age, or any other category protected by law.
About the Organization
Advia is a fast growing Credit Union that is positioned in the top 3% of credit unions across the United States with 2 billion in assets. We offer very similar product and services as the big banks with a focus on saving our members money while providing financial advantages. We are rooted in our communities and believe we have a responsibility to give back outside of our four branch walls through volunteering and charitable donations. The work environment at Advia is fast-paced, performance based and fun infused. We certainly live by the saying “work hard, play hard.” As an employee of Advia, you can expect regular and constructive feedback, development opportunities, great benefits, excellent co-workers and engaged managers.
How to Apply
Advia Credit Union