What you should know about the role Responsible for assisting the
Manager of Accounting in the overall management of the Accounting Department;
may step in for Manager in their absence. This individual supports efforts to
meet established department goals and provides assistance with the planning,
organizing and directing activities of the Accounting Department. Provides
oversight of the operations of accounting systems and record management to
ensure the integrity of company financial records and compliance with
appropriate accounting and regulatory rules. Also, responsible for ensuring the
credit union’s professional reputation is maintained, by always maintaining the
highest levels of confidentiality and security. These responsibilities are
accomplished by providing outstanding service to both internal and external
members as defined by living and demonstrating the core values of the credit
union; Act with Integrity, Drive Progress, Build & Strengthen Relationships
and Keep People at the Core.
As an Assistant Manager of
Accounting, you will have opportunities to: Get creative to find extraordinary
ways to support internal and external members. Be mentally simulated and
provided with the opportunity to use problem solving skills. Be a part of a
collaborative team. Use your attention to detail to help drive progress at the
- Assist the CFO, Finance Director and Accounting
Manager with maintaining accurate credit union accounting records by maintaining
adequate transaction documentation and timely reconcilement of corporate
- Assist with training, coaching and developing team members including
but not limited to hiring, directing job assignments, monitoring staff
performance, coaching, training, adherence of company policies and rules, and
- Assists with setting team goals, monitoring progress,
directing department workflow, review of general ledger reconciliations.
and implement department projects while collaborating with team members.
all aspects of department projects and allocate financial resources
- Assist with overseeing the efficient, timely and correct
processing of all EFT/ACH transactions and the full compliance with all Federal
Reserve Bank and NACHA rules.
- Assist in preparations and response to questions
tied to the annual audit and exam.
- Assist with the accurate and timely posting
of all accrual entries (except tax and general valuation allowances).
and maintain effective and professional communication with all levels of the
organization including C-Suite.
- Assist with the processing of transactional
areas of the accounting department as needed.
- Processing includes but is not
limited to share drafts, wire transfers, ATM balancing and adjustments, accounts
payable, ACH processing, credit union checks or money orders.
- Comply with
applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the National ACH
Association, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign
Assets Control, in addition to all company policies.
- Must be in full compliance
with applicable FASB, OTS and SEC pronouncements and regulations, and FDICIA.
Qualifications | Experience
- Minimum five years of accounting experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance,
Economics with relevant prior work experience.
- A CPA or MBA is preferred.
- The ability to motivate or influence inside or outside
senior level personnel is a critical part of the job, requiring a significant
level of influence and trust.
- Obtaining cooperation and agreement on important
outcomes via frequent material presentations and a professional level of written
and oral communication skills are essential to the position.
Expert use of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook and Accounting Software
- Capable of handling multiple priorities while maintaining
exceptional organization and detail accuracy.
- Excellent communication skills
with the ability to maintain effective working relationships.
analytical and technical ability.
- Strong project management skills.
Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, applicable State and
Federal regulations, primarily those of the Office of Thrift Supervision, the
Securities and Exchange Commission and the Federal Reserve Board and applicable
association regulations (e.g., NACHA).
- Knowledge of tax regulations and
- Knowledge of laws and regulations covering the management
and retention of various types of records.
primarily sedentary work with limited physical exertion and occasional lifting
of up to 10lbs.
- Must be capable of climbing / descending stairs in emergency
- Must be able to operate routine office equipment including
telephone, copier, facsimile, and calculator.
- Must be able to routinely perform
work on computer for an average of 6-8 hours per day, when necessary.
- Must be
able to work extended hours whenever required or requested by management.
be capable of local and area travel as driver.
- Must be capable of regular,
reliable and timely attendance.
- Must be able to routinely
perform work indoors in climate-controlled shared work area with minimal noise.
Mental and/or Emotional Requirements
- Must be able to perform job functions
independently or with limited supervision and work effectively either on own or
as part of a team.
- Must be able to read and carry out various written
instructions and follow oral instructions.
- Must be able to speak clearly and
deliver information in a logical and understandable sequence.
- Must be
professional and able to maintain composure when dealing with different
personalities from diverse cultures at various levels within and outside of the
- Must demonstrate the highest levels of customer service and
discretion when dealing with the public.
- Must be able to perform
responsibilities with equanimity under the stress of deadlines, requirements for
extreme accuracy and quality and time constraints of a fast-paced work
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple, simultaneous, and
- Must maintain the highest level of discretion on both
internal and external confidential matters.
- Acknowledgement Nothing in this
position description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties
and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This job description is not a contract and should not be construed as a
guarantee of employment for any specific period of time.
- Advia Credit Union is
an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against employees or
applicants based on race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin,
disability, age, or any other category protected by law.
Advia is a fast-growing Credit Union that is positioned in the top
3% of credit unions across the United States with nearly 2 billion in assets.
We offer very similar product and services as the big banks with a focus on
saving our members money while providing financial advantages. We are rooted in
our communities and believe we have a responsibility to give back outside of our
four branch walls through volunteering and charitable donations. The work
environment at Advia is fast-paced, performance based and fun infused. We
certainly live by the saying “work hard, play hard.” As an employee of Advia,
you can expect regular and constructive feedback, development opportunities,
great benefits, excellent co-workers and engaged managers.
How to Apply
Advia Credit Union