HMDA reporting can be tricky and error laden. Increase your institution’s
accuracy and reduce potential liability by learning the latest on the issues
that beset HMDA reporters, including the top 10 challenges.
- Submit the 2021 HMDA data with added confidence and improved data integrity
- Effectively use the HMDA resources in the CFPB’s 2021 Filing Instructions Guide
- Unravel confusing issues, such as what is and isn’t a dwelling, mixed-use property
scenarios, and complex demographic information collection
- Explain how to handle several types of quality edits
- Understand clarifications for complicated data points
HMDA reporting continues to be a challenge for many financial institutions and potentially
expensive for some. One of the 10 largest HMDA lenders was fined $1.75 million for
multiple years of inaccurate reporting. Join this fast-paced webinar to learn the top 10
issues that challenge HMDA reporters, receive valuable tools, and prepare to submit your
2021 HMDA data before March 1, 2022. The presentation will include citations, tips, real-life examples, and these top-five issues that can cause reporting errors:
- Secondary market reporting rules
- Dwelling definitions and mixed-use property scenarios
- Demographic information collection dos and don’ts
- Reporting tips for applications made in the commercial loan area
- Data integrity challenges and submission and resubmission steps
Live and recorded webinar, handouts, quiz with answer key and training log are included.
Your registration includes unlimited locations (until further notice), making it easier to share and learn with remote staff during the coronavirus crisis. Training materials will be available to download the day of the event.