Many financial institutions have unwittingly established unlawful online banking programs in violation of E-SIGN. If caught operating a noncompliant program, every e-statement you’ve ever sent could be deemed legally invalid. Regulatory fines and legal costs could far exceed the potential savings e-statements provide. Join us to learn more about E-SIGN, e-statement, and e-disclosure compliance, and avoid "e-jeopardy."
- Understand and adhere to federal E-SIGN and state UETA requirements
- Adhere to — and disclose — E-SIGN’s mandatory six-step consent process
- Comply with E-SIGN consumer consent provisions and processes
- Create lawful, clear e-disclosures that can be understood and acted upon by any consumer
- Prove accountholders have demonstrated the technological competence to receive e-statements
- Preserve, protect, and produce e-records of accountholders’ affirmative consent
- Respond to the E-SIGN Modernization Act
- Avoid potentially costly consequences of noncompliance
- Train employees to answer consumer questions about E-SIGN, e-statements, e-disclosures
- Implement best practices, expert advice, and compliance tips immediately
Where does your financial institution stand when it comes to E-SIGN, e-statement, and e-disclosure compliance? Are you confident your e-statement program adheres to federal and state laws and industry and government regulations? Do you obey E-SIGN and UETA rules? Is your enrollment process lawful, or are you signing up accountholders in a noncompliant (illegal) fashion? Do you allow accountholders to signup for e-statements in your lobby? Do your e-disclosures contain the required information, including mandatory technology guidelines? Could you provide evidence of affirmative consent if your e-statement program triggered a lawsuit or regulatory audit?
With this insightful program, you will learn how to recognize and avoid common legal and compliance mistakes in e-statement programs. It will answer the most common and pressing questions about ESIGN, UETA, e-statements, e-disclosures, affirmative electronic consent, and e-records retention among other important issues. You’ll learn strategies and gain tools to help ensure your E-SIGN, e-statement, e-disclosure program is well managed and complies with legal, regulatory, and organizational guidelines. Don’t miss it!
Nancy Flynn, The ePolicy Institute
A recognized expert on workplace policy, communication, and compliance, Nancy Flynn is the founder and executive director of The ePolicy Institute, Business Writing Institute, and Marijuana Policy Institute. She provides training, writing, and consulting services to clients seeking to minimize compliance risks and maximize communication skills.
Nancy is the author of 13 books, including Writing Effective E-Mail, The ePolicy Toolkit, and The Social Media Handbook. An in-demand trainer, she conducts seminars, webinars, and one-on-one coaching for financial institutions, financial services firms, and other clients worldwide. She also serves as an expert witness in litigation related to electronic and workplace policies and procedures.