Want to illustrate how the "Credit Union Difference" helps members and communities? Point to the Scorecard online, or order hard copies of it, to communicate the tremendous value of Wisconsin credit unions.
Produced by The League and shared with media and lawmakers - including at the recent state Government Affairs Conference (GAC) - the piece illustrates the powerful, positive impact of member-owned financial institutions on our state and its citizens.
You can also use it to:
- Train staff
- Educate your board & volunteers
- Continue relationship-building with legislators, especially on tax advocacy
- Inform SEGs or local businesses
- Provide background at community events/speaking engagements
- Create dialog with media, offering examples of your CU's own member- and community-service successes
- Celebrate at your annual meeting (consider sending your local media our sample press release to preview your meeting; it references the Scorecard)
- Tout credit unions during October's Co-op Month/International CU Day
- Develop relationships with local schools, teachers or students
- Inspire your youth group or youth advisors
- Highlight credit unions' successes at branch openings, groundbreakings, etc.
- Showcase credit unions' value at chapter legislative nights
- Convey the "Credit Union Difference" among virtually any audience
The Scorecard showcases the success of Wisconsin credit unions’ REAL Solutions® – voluntary programs and services offered by credit unions to help members and communities. It shows that credit unions do the right thing for consumers and communities without any state or federal mandates requiring it.
"Credit unions are united for good," says League Vice President of Government Affairs Sarah Wainscott. "The Scorecard shows policymakers and opinion leaders exactly how credit unions have been socially responsible, returning millions of dollars to their members annually and offering services that improve the quality of life locally."
"As legislators feel increased pressure to find additional tax revenues, they should never struggle to answer whether credit unions are making good on their tax status. The Scorecard sees to it that they don't," Wainscott added.
The League links to the Scorecard in every press release shared with media statewide.
Feel free to link to the Scorecard information online anytime, particularly as part of press releases or the section of your web site that explains your community impact.
If you need to order hard-copies, please limit your quantity request to what you will use immediately. Contact Missy Dickson at (608) 640-4032.