WCULAF Virtual Trivia Night September 2
The League is hosting a virtual trivia night on Wednesday, September 2 at 6:30 PM to benefit the Wisconsin Credit Union Legislative Action Fund (WCULAF)! Dust off those trivia skills and get ready to catch up with old credit union pals.
- A cost of $30/ person
- Participants play in teams of 4-5 - teams can register in advance or you can be assigned a team when you join
- The virtual experience will use Zoom, lasting approximately 90 minutes
- First place team will receive a $100 gift card (split among your teammates), and second place will receive a $50 gift card (split among you teammates)
Register here >>
Can't make it? Please consider making a one-time credit card contribution to WCULAF instead.
Mid-Year Fundraising Update
Election Day is just over three months away, meaning Activists are needed now more than ever to help credit union friendly candidates.
- 34 - credit unions offer Payroll Deduction in order for employees to pitch in with small dollar donations each day
- 56 - Campaigns have received support from credit union advocacy accounts during the 2019 - 2020 election cycle
- $29,567.59 - raised in total for the Credit Union Legislative Action Fund (CULAC). Wisconsin's goal is $120,558.45.
- $40,188.96 - raised through WCULAF and Conduit this year
Open a personal CU Conduit Account >>
Set up payroll deduction for your Condit Account or WCULAF/CULAC >>
Credit Union-Friendly Candidates Seeking CU Conduit Support
Throughout the remainder of summer and fall, The League's Conduit Authorizations Page will be updated with candidates seeking support, so it is important that CU Conduit Account holders check back regularly.
Unfamiliar with a CU Members' Conduit Account? Learn more >>
Setup a Conduit Account >>
Authorize a contribution from your Conduit Account >>
Wisconsin's Credit Union Response to COVID-19
At the end of the day it is not what you say that matters, but what you do.
So far in 2020, credit unions have been there to support their members and Wisconsin communities throughout the pandemic to the tune of over $2.1 billion.
Good financial stewardship over the years has allowed credit unions to live out their mission of service to their members.
View infographic breaking down how credit unions have succeeded in their mission >>
Governor's Task Force on Student Debt
Yesterday, the Governor's Task Force on Student Debt held its last teleconference on combating the student debt crisis in the state of Wisconsin.
View recorded meetings or find information for upcoming scheduled meetings of the Task Force >>
Advocacy Toolkit Updated & Online
The Advocacy Toolkit has been updated on The League's Activist Program webpage.
This toolkit, a series of downloadable pdfs, help credit unions and Activists plan and enhance advocacy activities, as well as build and strengthen relationships with their elected officials.
Advocacy Toolkit >>