Last month, The Foundation's Board of Directors met to award funds to Wisconsin's credit unions through their Credit Union Development and REAL Solutions grants. A record $80,000 was distributed to help recipients better serve their communities. Here they are!
2021 Credit Union Development Grant Recipients
Provides funding toward technology and operations-related expenses that measurably help credit unions serve members.
- Marshfield Medical Center Credit Union, $10,000, Adoption of electronic signature
- La Crosse-Burlington Credit Union, $4,000, Facilities upgrades
- Hayward Community Credit Union, $10,000, Adoption of remote deposit capture, upgrades to mobile banking, and addition of business debit cards
- Wisconsin Medical Credit Union, $7,950, Redesign of the credit union’s website
- Tomah Area Credit Union, $10,000, Replacement of roof
- Holy Family Memorial Credit Union, $5,500, Addition of ALM Software
- Iron County Community Credit Union, $8,000, Upgrade to credit union technology
- Lakewood Credit Union, $4,814, Upgrades to credit union equipment
- Tri-County Credit Union, $5,200, Adoption of paperless receipts and signature pads
2021 REAL Solutions Grant Recipients
Supports innovative services for Wisconsin's credit unions that help consumers build financially strong, self-supporting families and communities.
- Shoreline Credit Union, $2,000, Adoption of ZOGO financial education program
- 7 Rivers Chapter of Credit Unions $2,000, Financial & Investment Bowl Scholarship Program
- Fond du Lac Credit Union, $5,000, Addition of Domestic Violence Loan Program
- Royal Credit Union, $6,250, FinU-Virtual Finance Education for Young Adults Program
Established in 2007, The Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that promotes the wellness of credit unions and the communities they serve. The Foundation's resources are used to promote credit union development, help educate credit union staff and volunteers, support programming to enhance financial literacy, and assist the credit union system in times of need.