Thank you to all who joined us for our first-ever “a little different, a little UNconventional” Virtual Convention and Expo September 7-10! Here’s a quick look—by the numbers—of what we accomplished:
- 267: Two hundred and sixty-seven attendees joined us for UNconventional. That includes members, speakers, and Virtual Expo Hall exhibitors!
- $6,995: Our virtual wine tasting event and office yoga fundraisers to benefit the Wisconsin Credit Union Legislative Action Fund (WCULAF) raised nearly $7,000!
- 43: Forty-three scavenger hunt prizes were redeemed by thirty-nine attendees, including Starbucks gift cards, Visa gift cards, League E&T discounts, lunch for a credit union, and more.
- 30: Thirty high-profile, industry-leading speakers presented at UNconventional, covering a wide variety of subjects, including five keynotes and twenty seven breakout sessions. Highlights for attendees included Ben Nemtin’s “Make the Impossible Possible” keynote, Paul Guttormsson’s Hemp & CBD banking presentation, Steve Rick’s U.S. economic outlook talk, updates from the Office of Credit Unions, and our networking coffee chats including NCUF’s Gigi Hyland, CUDifference founder Lois Kitsch, and State Senator Dale Kooyenga & Rep. Steve Doyle.
- 40: Forty folks shared their smiling faces in our virtual photo booth!
- 25: Twenty-five vendors participated in our Virtual Expo Hall, including CUNA Mutual Group, Corporate Central Credit Union, Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago, La Macchia Group, LSC, Credit Union Loan Source, SHAZAM, CourseMark LLC, CU*Answers, CU Direct/Origence, Exclamation Services, John M. Floyd & Associates, TransUnion, Wisconsin Credit Union Shared Service Centers, WISCUB Service Center, Marco Technologies, Allied Solutions LLC, PSCU, Case Financial, State National Companies, Staywood Design LLC, Strategic Resource Management Inc., OM Financial Group, The Redmond Company, and Co-op Financial Services.
- 7: Seven Foundation Funniest Videos duked it out for the top spot to raise funds for The Wisconsin Credit Union Foundation.
- 28: Twenty-eight People Before Profit stories showcasing how Wisconsin’s credit unions are uniquely equipped to provide a lifeline when other financial institutions can’t or won’t were featured in this moving video presentation.
- 100: One hundred attendees joined the opening reception, which featured an address from League President & CEO Brett Thompson and League Board Chair Brandon Riechers, emcee Denise Ryan, musician Gabriel Sanchez performing Prince covers, a presentation of Convention honorees & milestones, live networking, and more.
Missed a few sessions or want to re-watch? Recordings are available through the end of September. Finally, we wish to once again recognize our generous premier sponsors who made being UNconventional in 2021 possible, CUNA Mutual Group, Corporate Central Credit Union, Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago, and LaMacchia Group.