The Wisconsin Credit Union Foundation
is proud to announce the recipients of its REAL Solutions® Initiative and Credit Union Development Grants. In total, over $50,000 was awarded to nine Wisconsin credit unions, allowing them to better serve their members and communities.
REAL Solutions® Initiative Grants
The REAL Solutions® Program helps real consumers build financially strong, self-supporting families and communities. This grant is to support Wisconsin credit unions offering innovative services and programs that provide affordable alternatives to high-cost financial products and services, increase financial literacy, and more. This year's recipients:
- 7 Rivers Chapter of Credit Unions, $3,400; to fund the Finance and Investment Bowl Scholarship for students in their area.
- Gundersen Credit Union (La Crosse), $6,600; to assist in the creation of starting a lending program focused around victims of domestic violence.
Credit Union Development Grants
This grant assists Wisconsin's credit unions with technology- and operations-related expenses and upgrades that improve member service. This year's recipients:
- 1st Class Express Credit Union (Waukesha), $9,600; for the installation of a drive-thru window.
- Avestar Credit Union (Waterloo) , $10,000; to fund the purchase of upgraded computers and an updated website.
- Compassionate Care Credit Union (Fond du Lac), $5,000; to defray the costs of upgrading the credit union’s core processing system.
- La Crosse-Burlington Credit Union (La Crosse), $2,000; to help with the purchase of acrylic safety shields and security camera covers.
- Lakewood Credit Union (Rib Lake), $2,500; to help fund the credit union’s back office support systems upgrade.
- M.E. Employees Credit Union (Wausau), $5,000; to help fund the credit union’s debit card conversion.
- Oshkosh Postal Employees Credit Union (Oshkosh), $9,200; to defray the costs of upgrading the credit union’s computers, printers, and phone system.
The grant application cycle for both REAL Solutions and Credit Union Development grants runs from May 15-June 30 annually. The Emerging Markets Grant application cycle will begin September 15.
These grants would not be possible without the generous support of Foundation donors and partners--thank you!